Honey Garlic Chicken Wing Recipe and NYC!

I’m super excited because Mike and I are heading to NYC for the Big Apple Barbecue Block Party! Well, actually, we’re just heading there on vacation, but the block party happens to be the same weekend. Over the next couple of days I won’t be cooking, but you can expect lots of NYC food photos. See you in NYC!

In the meantime, here’s a recipe for my super-simple, easy honey garlic chicken wings!

Honey Garlic Chicken Wing Recipe

1 pound chicken wings
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

touch of oil for pan frying

Heat up a touch of oil in a wok or frying pan over medium high heat and pan-fry the chicken wings until slightly golden and cooked through. Put the chicken wings in a bowl. Drain the rendered chicken fat into a bowl and wash your pan. You can skip this step if you’re not worried about black bits. Pour the rendered chicken fat back into your clean pan and cook the garlic on medium heat until slightly golden but not brown. Add the honey, soy sauce, pepper and chicken wings and mix well. Turn the heat up to medium high so the honey-soy-mixture bubbles, thickens and starts to turn into delicious caramel-sticky goodness. Enjoy hot!

1. Can I make a recommendation about the BBQ party in NYC? If you can possibly get your hands on the Fast-Pass, do so. The lines are still sort of long with that, but otherwise it’s pretty much impossible. If you can’t get a fast pass, try to go as early in the day as you possibly can and create a plan of attack. And under no circumstances should you waste valuable gullet space on things like cornbread!!

I hope you enjoy your time here. If you can, you should try a meal at Momofuku Ko.

The Fast-Passes were sold out by the time I knew I was going to NYC, but I did end up going early.

I didn’t make a reservation at Ko, so of course, that didn’t happen! I did go to Ko last year and it was fantastic.

steph on June 16th, 2010 at 12:06 pm
  2. Get there EARLY! I went last year thinking because it was overcast it might not be insane. I was wrong. I waited an hour in line next to preppy boys who literally were tossing a football in line!

I saw some girls throwing a tiny football around (they weren’t in line) and a bunch of people giving them very dirty looks!

I did manage to go a bit early (before 12 anyway) and itt was super-fun!

steph on June 16th, 2010 at 12:08 pm
  3. Those wings look great!! I can’t wait to try the recipe!
    I live in NYC and will be at BBQ too, we go every year and it’s great. I think the fast pass is already sold out so I deff suggest going early or you’ll waste a lot of time online.

Thanks!

Going early was a great suggestion!

steph on June 16th, 2010 at 12:08 pm
  4. Those look great! I love chicken and garlic.

Garlic is good with almost everything!

steph on June 16th, 2010 at 12:09 pm
  5. These wings look delicious! I’d kill for some right now. I recently found your blog and I come here everyday to check what’s cooking. Thanks for posting great food and pictures!

Thanks!
    Hope you get a chance to make the wings, they’re super easy!

steph on June 16th, 2010 at 12:09 pm
  6. That looks mouthwatering.
    But you keep cardboard boats and the liner paper at home?

Hahaha. The liner paper is just parchment paper and yes, I do keep cardboard boats at home. I saw them at Costco one day and I have this weird thing for food containers, so I just bought them. I’ve only ever used less than 100 of them (they were a pack of 500), but they’re super useful for parties and stuff.

steph on June 16th, 2010 at 12:12 pm
  7. remember that cookie on your wall?… can you bring some back?

Hahaha, I’ll make you some! We didn’t eat any cookies this time around…

steph on June 16th, 2010 at 12:16 pm
  8. Just made this and eating it now. It’s amazing. Thanks!

Thanks! So glad you like them!

steph on June 23rd, 2010 at 12:13 pm
  9. MmmMM im gonna have to try this..this weekend! i love chicken!

10. These were amazing, I just tried them and they came out perfect. best wings I’ve ever made myself! thanks a bunch.

11. I made the garlic/honey wings last Wednesday…awesome! Especially when watching my favorite NBA team onthe TV!
    Best wings ever!
    Today, the 15th, we’re cooking the southern fried chicken for the faimly. I test tasted a drumstick; I know now why Chang favors the drumstick above all other parts of the chicken. The dark meat drumstick captures the essence of the assortment ingredients of the recipe. Truly remarkable fried chicken.
    Thank you.

nelson navarro on April 15, 2012 at 11:09 am
  12. Making these right now :) I’m excited

13. This recipe looks great. I was just wondering if there’s a way to prepare this in advance and warm up before a meal? What would be the best way to go about that, without drying out the chicken?