Mike has a cookie addiction. Not a full-out blue furry monster one, but it’s something we live with. There are never cookies in this house because they get eaten instantly. Usually I combat this by keeping cookie dough in the fridge that I bake off every so often. That way, fresh cookies are only ever 15-20 minutes away.
When I heard about Momofuku Milk Bar’s cornflake chocolate chip marshmallow cookie I knew I had to figure out a way to make them. I’ve never tasted the original cookie before, but these ones disappeared almost instantly, so I know they’re good.
The cookies are chewy with crispy caramelized cornflakes bits and have a delicious sweet and salty fleur de sel caramel flavour. They’re completely addictive, whether you have the furry blue monster syndrome or not.
The cookie dough ages well, so if you can wait, keep it in the fridge for a day or two before you bake them off.
Copycat Momofuku Milk Bar’s Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookie Recipe
Yields 24 big cookies
1 1/2 cups cornflakes
6 tablespoons milk powder
2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 275˚F.
2. Lightly crush the cornflakes in a bowl.
3. Mix together the milk powder, sugar and salt.
4. Pour the butter over the cornflakes and sprinkle the dry ingredients on top. Toss until evenly coated.
5. Spread out cornflake mixture on a lined baking sheat and bake for 20 minutes or until the cornflakes have a deep caramelized colour.
6. Remove from the oven and cool completely before use. This recipe will make about 1 1/2 cups.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons salt * use 1 teaspoon if you’re not a salt fan
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 large egg
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups caramelized cornflakes
1. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Cream butter, sugar, and corn syrup until well combined. Add egg and mix.
3. Add flour mixture and mix. Add in chocolate chips, marshmallows and caramelized cornflakes. Scoop dough into balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
4. Transfer baking sheets to oven and bake, rotating pans halfway through baking, until cookies are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.